Having a cool home is essential in the hot summer months. Not only is your home more comfortable, but if your home’s interior gets too hot, it can cause serious, even life-threatening conditions. Central air conditioners are installed in many homes nowadays. Central air conditioning installation works by blowing the hot air out and cool air into your rooms evenly through your ductwork.
Many homes do not have a duct system to transport warm or cool air throughout the home. If your home heating does not use ducts, a ductless air conditioning installation is the best option to cool your home.
Ductless AC’s, or mini split works by drawing the warm air out of your home into an indoor wall mount unit through coolant cables to an outside condenser where the heat is dispersed. Mini splits are less bulky than window units, more energy efficient, and provide a more even, cool air throughout your home.
Air conditioner prices vary depending on:
- Brand and size of unit
- Size and layout of your home
- Existing condition of your home
- Labour costs
Central Air Conditioner Prices
Central air conditioner costs range between $2,500 – $7,900. Other factors that affect the price include:
- Size and BTU output of central air conditioning unit
- Condition of your home’s existing ductwork
If you are replacing an existing central AC, you will also have to pay a removal and disposal fee. Repairing or replacing damaged ducts will also affect the total cost.
Central air conditioner prices breakdown includes:
- AC condensing unit: $700 – $3,950
- Indoor coils: $175 – $1,100
- Refrigerant line set: $120 – $400
- Permits and inspections: $125 – $200
- Labour: $1,250 – $2,300
If you are installing a central AC for the first time, you could also pay for:
- Condensing unit pad: $20 – $150
- 30 Amp circuit and wiring $325 – $615
- Thermostat: $40 – $500
- Ductwork: $3,000 – $4,500
Ductless Air Conditioner Costs
Upfront ductless air conditioner installation costs can range between $2,000 – $14,000 and depend on:
- Number of rooms
- Total length of refrigerant cable you will need
- Extent of labour work required to install your system.
Your mini split system air conditioner prices include:
- Outdoor condenser: $1,000 – $6,000
- Indoor wall mount units $400 – $1,000 per unit
- Indoor ceiling mounts $700 – $2,000 per mount (optional)
- Indoor ceiling cassette $500 – $2,000 (optional)
- Refrigerant cables $5 per foot
- Installation accessory kit $300 – $500
- Installation labour costs: $300 – $1,500
Some homeowners opt for indoor ceiling mounts because they cover a larger area and are not visible. Installing ceiling mounts and cassettes to your ductless ac unit, will also increase your ac installation cost.
Air conditioning installation is a worthwhile investment to help keep your home cool and comfortable during the hot summer months. At One Stop HVAC, our professional air conditioner installers can help you choose the best air conditioner for your home. Contact us today for all your air conditioning installation needs.